There are a few things that money and fame cannot buy, and education is one of them. I have spent the past 20 years of my career providing educational opportunities to thousands of students across the globe. I have created the appropriate strategies, structure, processes, and teams to deliver results.
I am a relationship-builder, a collaborator, and a cultivator of talent. I embrace diversity, promote cross-functional alliances, and value integrity, trust, empowerment, accountability, flexibility, execution, and results. I enjoy sharing my experiences about education, leadership, management, Latin America, and anything that might inspire us to improve (I usually do so through LinkedIn).
Here are seven statements that give you a glimpse into who I am and what I value. They could have been more, but keeping them at seven gave me a chance to the more thoughtful about them:
- I love my heritage and my beautiful hometown of Oaxaca, Mexico; nonetheless, I consider myself a citizen of the world, and I have a firm conviction that we are all, regardless of race, culture, socioeconomic status, sexual preference, etc., much more alike than we are different.
- I believe in the transformative power of education as a catalyst for a better life, and I subscribe to the thought that ability is of little account without opportunity.
- I embrace “mens sana in corpore sano;” I thrive in competition and strive to push myself physically and mentally in all of my endeavors challenging the status quo; I am a squash fanatic, an avid chess player, and passionate about football (soccer).
- I believe in the power of kindness, tolerance, and service to our fellow beings.
- I believe in God, and my faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ allows me to be the best version of myself and helps me to live with integrity in all facets of my life, personally and professionally.
- I respect and admire people of conviction and good hearts, whether of my faith, other faiths, or no faith.
- I am a husband and a father, and these roles represent some of my most significant sources of joy.
This website attempts to capture other things I enjoy and value, such as my career, passions/interests, etc. Feel free to click around and connect with me on LinkedIn (see link below).
You can go back to the homepage or check out my professional background.